By Ron Liskey | July 28, 2017
- Label your belongings, and keep track of them.
- Bring the right clothes for the trip.
- Never distract drivers while a vehicle is in motion.
- Pay attention to teachers and chaperones, and follow their directions.
- Be on time, and stay with the group.
- Walk, don’t run.
- When we visit facilities, don’t touch anythingo images unless specifically allowed to by their staff.
- Do not enter a business and do not make purchases without the teacher’s permission.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Don’t aggravate wildlife, especially big ones.
- Don’t keep food in your tent.
- Keep your camp VERY clean.
- Don’t climb dead trees.
- Ask permission before leaving the group, such as to go to the restroom, and always go with a buddy.
- Don’t swim without the teacher’s permission, and only when an adult is on duty.
- Do not keep medication unless given specific permission to do so. All medication should be held by your supervising chaperone or teacher.
Do your best
- Think before you speak.
- Think before you act.
- Face each new challenge with courage.
- If at first you don’t succeed, try again.
- Speak quietly.
- Use respectful language and good manners.
- Help others succeed.
- Pay attention to rangers, docents, lifeguards, chaperones, teachers, police, road signs, sharp stones, seagulls, bears, and follow their directions.
- Participate with your group.
- Cook well; eat well.
- Seek the best in others.
- Don’t play favorites.
- Avoid gossip and other distracting conversations.